Small Business Franchise Opportunities
Launch a business venture that fits your interests and where the foundation for success is already laid out for you. There are hundreds of franchises that offer brand recognition, proven marketing strategies, established operational framework, flexible time commitments, training and management guidance to support your success.
Do what you love, love what you do - AND make money in the process!
Why do so many entrepreneurs find success in franchising? Franchising is a business model that involves purchasing a license to operate a specific, established venture that typically includes using well-known trademarks, signage, products, software and a pre-proven business system to support your ultimate success.
A recent study on franchising prepared by PricewaterhouseCoopers on behalf of the International Franchise Association states that "...franchising is a critical engine of economic growth in the United States powering local communities across the country.” "There are more than 900,000 franchised businesses in the country operating in many lines of business, including automotive, commercial and residential services, quick-service and full-service restaurants, retail food, lodging, real estate, retail products and services, business services and personal services."
Types of Franchises
Franchising is not just fast food businesses. There are hundreds of different types of franchise opportunities including some that you can do part time! Select any one of the links below to learn more:
Franchise vs. Business Start-Up
There are advantages and disadvantages to both franchising and launching a new business start-up as introduced below:
There are generally two types of franchise models:
- Product/Trade Name Franchising: A type of franchising where the franchise company owns the right to the business name or trademark and sells that right to a franchisee.
- Business Format Franchising: A type of franchising where the franchise company often provides an "out of the box business" with a full range of services, including site selection, training, product supply, marketing plans, and even assistance in obtaining franchise financing. Learn more about all aspects of owning a franchise business.
Franchises listed by State
View a list of franchises for each state and see which companies are looking for prospective franchise business owners in your area. You can refine your search by investment level and industry with our Franchise Finder, or search by name in our Franchise Directory .
To further support your personal interests, skill set and financial needs, discover a free, no obligation franchise consultation that can help you to identify the ideal franchise opportunity.
New! Request Franchise Information
View a list of franchises alphabetical by name and select the ones that are of interest to you to receive more information.
New! Business Opportunities
View a list of business opportunities alphabetical by name and select the ones that are of interest to you to receive more information.
Financing a Franchise
The best source of assistance when determining how to finance a franchise is the franchisor as they are familiar with the businesses financial projections and understand how others have handled franchise financing. Examples of some funding sources include:
Franchise Aptitude Quiz
Use a convenient on-line quiz to learn if a franchise business might be right for you.
Franchise Tool Kit
There are many ways that a franchise business model provides targeted assistance to help you learn, develop skills and ultimately succeed at being your own boss. Choose from the list below to learn more about a particular area of interest to you:
Top 10 Articles About Buying a Franchise
- How To Buy a Franchise - Part 1
- How To Buy a Franchise - Part 2
- Nine Most Important Provisions in a Franchise Agreement
- The Uniform Franchise Offering Circular (UFOC)
- Key Characteristics of Successful Franchise Owners
- Talking With Franchisees - Making the Most of Your Due Diligence Calls
- Ask These Money Questions Before You Buy a Franchise
- How to Evaluate a Franchise Training Program
- Evaluating a Mandatory Franchise Marketing Fund
- Analyzing Franchise Growth
Where to Begin
Evaluating franchise opportunities can be as different for each individual as there are types of franchises. To begin investigating what might be right for you relative to your personal interests, skill set and financial requirements, select any one of the links below:
- View what types of franchises and businesses are available to you
- Request a free, no-obligation franchise consultation
- Request information about specific franchises that are of interest to you
- Learn about franchise financing
About Your Educational Champion
"Since 1995, BISON has been recognized as a leading online franchise resource. Featuring the nation's fastest-growing franchises and business opportunities, BISON has always worked hard to match qualified entrepreneurs with successful businesses."
# # #
Note: This information is presented to provide a general overview of small business options and related services. It is not intended to be an exhaustive representation. Data has been compiled by the Knowledge Institute for informational purposes only. Content is provided on an "as is" basis and is not intended to, nor does it, provide advice or create a customer relationship between the Knowledge Institute, BUZGate™ and/or any other organization named herein, and any reader.