Experience the Certified Advantage: Become a City-certified Minority and Women-owned Business!
If you've ever thought about selling to the government, now's the time! Thanks to a local law signed by Mayor Bloomberg in 2005, City agencies are now buying more goods and services from companies who are certified in the City's Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Program. The Program, run by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS), connects agencies to companies that are ready to do business with the City. If your company is at least fifty-one percent owned, operated, and controlled by a woman or a member of an ethnic minority group, has been in business for at least one year, and is headquartered or has a substantial business presence in the New York City metro area, you may be eligible to certify as an M/WBE!
The Certified Advantage
Beyond gaining valuable access to City contracting opportunities, certified M/WBEs are provided with the tools and training to advance their potential:
- Invitations to exclusive networking events
- Free advertising in a searchable online directory
- Free one-on-one guidance on selling to the government
- Access to business classes taught by industry professionals
Interested in certification? We can help. As a select member of the City Council supported M/WBE Leadership Association, AABDC has the tools, knowledge, and experience to get you started. For more information on getting certified, call us today at 212-966-0100 or visit www.nyc.gov/getcertified.
- Small Business Charitable Giving Guide for the Holiday Season
- How to Evaluate 'Network' or 'Matrix' Marketing Plans
- Installing new software?
- Experience the Certified Advantage: Become a City-certified Minority and Women-owned Business!
- Characteristics of Minority Business and Entrepreneurs: An Analysis of the 2002 Survey of Business Owners