Online Marketing Checklists
In some ways, a company’s website functions as an extension of the outlet also functioning as an additional location. Whatever the purpose and objective, the website only becomes an effective tool depending upon the effort dedicated towards it. The content needs to be constantly updated, any inquiries need to be responded quickly and most importantly, for the website to be successful, it needs to be marketed to the customers and potential customers
To help you make your website a success, the list below outlines some of the best marketing practices. Review the list and check all that apply to your operations. Work toward implementing each idea that’s relevant to your situation.
- The Company’s URL (website address) appears on the front door and/or front window.
- The Company’s URL appears on the cash register receipt.
- The Company’s URL appears on bags.
- The Company’s URL appears on bookmarks.
- The Company’s URL appears on your printed and/or electronic newsletter.
- The Company’s URL appears on gift cards and/or gift card backers.
- The Company’s URL appears on store letterhead, business cards, and in your email signature.
- The Company’s voice mail/answering machine promotes the website, telling customers you are open 24-hours a day at www.yourwebaddress.com
- Staff meetings to review the website are periodically held.
- Each member of the staff is familiar with the website content; you have asked for their feedback.
- Customer email addresses are collected in-store and online, and you expressly ask for your customers’ permission to communicate with them.
- An email newsletter, including links to your website, is periodically distributed to your customers.
- The store and the website are cross-promoted, with in-store displays of online promotions.
- Website sales and buyer reports are routinely reviewed and analyzed.
- Website traffic reports are routinely reviewed and analyzed.